Hiring Organization / Company: Pearson
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Position Summary :
The Training Consultant is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of subject matter expertise (SME) and customer support for all schools and programs for which they are the lead. The Training Consultant is charged with the responsibility of analyzing and sharing school-based performance data with schools, determining training needs, creating training plans and facilitating exceptional trainings for clients. Trainings include but are not limited to on LMS platforms, Instructional Tools, Professional Learning and School Year Cycle support. Trainings will be provided through multiple modalities: in-person, synchronous (via Live Lesson & ZOOM), and recorded sessions.
Trainers serve as the SME for their schools/programs and use their expertise to lead collaborative work with other corporate teams to ensure training and communications are timely, appropriate and accurate for the audience, and that Reporting and LMS features are versioned and permissioned correctly for the schools in which they are the lead.
The Training Consultant will work collaboratively with other corporate teams on developing, evaluating, and communicating initiatives, program changes, and procedures that facilitate the ability of all clients to enhance the educational experience of students. The Training Consultant will be expected to work in a fast-paced, self-motivated, accountable, and dynamic environment, with peak workload May-September.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Provide school and program staff with exceptional training support, professional learning and resources needed to ensure teacher and student success
- Use data and reporting to identify and drive customized training support
- Use subject matter expertise and customer knowledge to be an integral part of cross team collaborations and meetings to drive the creation, review, evolution, and delivery of training programs and orientations for staff;
- Proactively lead regular meetings and communications with applicable school leaders, locations lead, and program management to identify and understand their unique needs;
- Problem solve issues and questions from the schools they support that arise throughout the year and coordinate with other departments as necessary;
- Troubleshoot basic issues related to the use of Connexus, GradPoint, & Pearson Connexus, the Learning Management Systems (LMS), as needed to support school and program staff;
- Triage school and program concerns and escalate as needed to the appropriate personnel for appropriate action;
- Access, share, evaluate and provide meaningful narrative of data regularly to ensure school and program staff understand key training objectives and complete key tasks accurately, fully, and on time;
- Work as a collaborative and forward-thinking member of the School Academic Services to support and reinforce overall team goals and initiatives;
- Make modifications to training and delivery methods for different user roles after analyzing data from orientation courses, issues raised by employees, and training surveys
- Other duties as assigned.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Degree in Education, Education Technology, or a related field, required;
- 5-10 years’ experience in education industry required – K-12 teaching experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience teaching and training within Connections Education, highly desired
- Familiarity with Connexus, GradPoint, Pearson Connexus, the Learning Management System (LMS), highly desired
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills
- Ability to speak and/or present efficiently and effectively to groups of employees and customers virtually or face to face with high customer satisfaction
- Ability to read, interpret, explain, and use data to determine training effectiveness and employee performance on trained skills
- Effective and consistent interpersonal skills
- Customer-focused approach
- Ability to understand the needs of customers and create or recommend training based on these needs
- High degree of flexibility, problem-solving, forward-thinking, and initiative to affect operational improvements for schools,
- Exceptional ability to seek and respond to feedback regularly
- Ability to travel to program locations to provide training and support as needed
- Demonstrated ability to learn and work well in fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and respond to change
- Team player track record and commitment to a group-oriented approach
- Technologically proficient (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office and programs)
- Familiar with Adobe Presenter, Video Creator, JoinMe, and ZOOM
Must be able to travel
Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position can expect a starting salary range of $62,000-$72,000, and are eligible to participate in an annual incentive plan. Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Primary Location : US-RE-Remote
Work Locations :
Job : Customer Service
Organization : North America Connections
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting : Jun 10, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2108386
Job Location Information:
Location: Austin, Tx 78757
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Most often, you will have no clue where or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are a number of folks available in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be easy if where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are tips that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an unbelievable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently provide vital coaching, property, and systems for process seekers. These companies can also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms to your areamust discover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The end objective for that may be to save money on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can usually be a faster and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into an enduring activity for the individuals who carry out smartly right through their operating.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.